Trewin Bros.

Photo from the early 1930s

By Ian Hudson

Photo:Shop facade 1930s

Shop facade 1930s

JLP Archive Collection

Photo:1930s interior

1930s interior

JLP Archive Collection

Gordon Selfridge purchased the shop in 1918 and it became one of his Selfridge Provincial Stores. It became more of a home furnishing store and by the 1930s they proudly boasted a "Television Theatre enabling persons to see a great many sets working at the same time."

This page was added by Ian Hudson on 24/07/2007.